Saturday, July 20, 2013

Cosplay Plans: Phase 0

AS I MENTIONED A FEW WEEKS AGO I WOULD LIKE TO ATTEMPT A COSPLAY OF SOME KIND THIS YEAR AT YOUMACON.



I've been debating on a lot of different anime characters, including Yucie (Petite Princess Yucie), Tenma (School Rumble), Kagome (InuYasha) and Howl (Howl's Moving Castle). Once thinking through the different ideas I realized that I wouldn't actually finish a complicated cosplay - so I decided to cosplay as my alter ego in a sailor fuku.


:3



THE PREMADE OPTION



On Etsy I found several shops that sold pre-made sailor collars/skirt sets, however, they weren't my size and were the wrong color. Bummer.



THE HANDMADE OPTION



So I started looking up patterns. I found several Sailor collar patterns on deviantART and an easy skirt pattern with pockets that I liked. (I will consult with my "sewing instructors" on the bestoptions for both though.) As far as the "white middy"goes I'm just going to purchase a white v-neck tee and modify it since the collar will be a slip on one.



ANATOMY OF THE COSPLAY



The three main things I will be working on are a) the skirt b) the collar and c) the bandanna.



A)THE SKIRT



The Skirt will be elastic waisted with pockets that will be approximately 5above my knee and will be made from a poly/cotton Turquoise fabric. Will want to line for maximum comfort.



B) THE COLLAR



The collar will be made from a poly/cotton turquoise fabric and double(?) lined.



C) THE BANDANNA



The bandanna will be made from a poly/cotton royal blue fabric.



NOW THAT THAT'S DECIDED, TIME TO PURCHASE THE SUPPLIES!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment